Australia is one of the most popular choices for Indians to migrate, work, travel, etc. When it comes to pursuing higher education, again it is a hot favorite destination for international students. The standard of education and teaching faculty are high, Australian universities offer a variety of programs to choose from and studying in Australia gives you a chance to interact with students from many countries. In addition, the country has a beautiful landscape and a wonderful climate.
BENEFITS OF STUDYING IN AUSTRALIA – Subclass 500
- Medium of instruction is English – No matter what is your native language, Australian education institutions use English as the language for teaching and communication.
- Globally recognized education system and faculty – The country boasts of excellent curriculum, highly educated faculty, world renowned universities and research facilities.
- Students can bring their spouse/dependents along while studying in Australian Universities – Australian government allows spouses to accompany students while they pursue a course in the country. In some cases, parents can accompany the student in the role of guardians.
- Work and earn while you study in Australia –Australia allows international students to work on a part time basis while they are pursuing their studies. Students are allowed to work both on campus and off campus for up to 20 hours during the week during the academic session and full time during vacations.
- Access to scholarships – If a student who is academically bright but is unable to support his / her education due to some constraints, there are scholarships available for such students if they fulfil the required criteria and clear the scholarship test. In many cases the scholarship covers the complete tuition fee and living expenses and international students can also apply for the same.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT VISA APPLICATION –
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) – After you have applied for a course in an education institution in Australia, the institution will screen your application, they might conduct a telephonic interview in some cases. If you fulfill all the necessary requirements, you are issued COE or offer letter from that institution.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) – An applicant needs to provide in writing that his/her intention to stay in Australia is temporary and they will leave the country after completion of the selected course. The short essay written by the applicant to demonstrate his/her intentions and other specified requirements listed by the Department of Home Affairs are met by the applicant, the case officer then reviews the written content and, on finding it satisfactory, a GTE is issued to the applicant.
- Proof of funds – The applicant must support the visa application with proof of sufficient funds for travel, payment of tuition fee, living expenses and to support their spouse/dependent (if any).
- English Language Proficiency – Students from non English speaking countries (like India) will need to go through an English language test (IELTS, TOFEL, etc.) and will have to submit the test result to the chosen education institution if required with an equal or more score in the test than required.
- An applicant must go through proper medical health examination for him/herself as well as any accompanying family member and should attach the medical reports along with the application.
- Character Requirements – As a temporary resident during the study course, you may be asked to go through police verification from each country where you have lived for 12 months or more in the past 10 years.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – Students coming to study in Australia need to be insured through an authorized ISHC provider for the length of their stay in Australia. This will help them to deal with medical emergencies or hospital stays if need be.
- Applicant will be required to submit passport size photographs, not older than 6 months and attested copies of educational certificates as required.
VISA PROCESSING FEE –
The fee for attaining student visa is approx AUD 560 or INR 28,300.
VISA PROCESSING TIME –
Officially, it takes 3 months time for the Student Visa application to get processed. However, it never takes that long. Though time varies from case to case but, in most cases the visa comes within 3 weeks to a month.
Our Australian Process Experts will be happy to assist you with the complete process. From suggesting a suitable course to a preferred university to complete documentation, we will be there with you at each and every step.