Canada’s smallest but, one of the most beautiful provinces is famous for its vast farmlands and beautiful coastline. The economy of Prince Edward Island (PEI) is heavily dependent on agriculture, fishing and tourism.
PEI PNP Express Entry
Applicants eligible to enter the Express Entry pool and interested in living and working in Prince Edward Island may apply to the PEI PNP Express Entry Category. Eligible applicants may benefit from processing times of six months or less. Those applicants with skills matching current identified labour needs for the province stand a brighter chance to get invited.
The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nomination Program is divided into three categories
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND SKILLED/OCCUPATIONAL WORKER STREAM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Applicant should be aged between 21 and 59 years.
- Applicant must have a full time, a long-term job offer (at least 2 years) in NOC Skill set O, A, or B.
- Applicant must provide the proof of legal status in the current country of residence.
- Applicant must provide a valid work permit if living in Canada.
- Applicant must have a post-secondary degree/ diploma which must be assessed and verified by recognized authority/institution in Canada.
- Applicant must be able to attend an interview in PEI if the job demands.
- Applicant must provide a proof of at least 2 years of full-time work experience in the past 5 years.
- Applicant must be able to show sufficient funds to sustain in PEI as defined by government.
- Applicant must be proficient in English/French (CLB 4.0).
- Applicant must be able to show the genuine interest to work and settle in PEI.
Apart from the above mentioned stream PEI also accepts applications under International Graduate (those who have completed their education from publicly funded PEI institutions) and Critical Worker Stream (a pilot program reviewed every year).