Home to two of Canada’s largest cities, Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta is one of the fastest growing economies of Canada. The province is blessed with natural beauty and abundant natural resources.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is Alberta’s Provincial Nominee Program, through which prospective immigrants with the right mix of skills and work experience needed by the province may receive an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate expediting their complete PR process.
Alberta Express Entry Stream
The stream allows the Government of Alberta to nominate eligible candidates from Canada’s Express Entry system. A successful nomination under this stream adds 600 additional points to an applicant’s Express Entry CRS score.
Only those Express Entry candidates who receive an invitation (NOI) letter from the AINP can submit an application for a provincial nomination under the Alberta Express Entry Stream. AINP will select candidates based on the self-declared information in their Express Entry profiles if that suits the requirement of Alberta government.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
- Applicant must have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool;
- Applicant must have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta;
- Applicants those who are working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification are likely to get selected faster.
- Applicant must have a minimum CRS score of 300.
Additionally, AINP is more likely to select candidates with the below mentioned factors -:
- If the applicant has a valid Alberta job offer and/or work experience; and/or
- If the applicant has graduated from an Alberta post-secondary institution with a valid Alberta job offer; and/or
- If the applicant has Parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident, living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta.