This is a state sponsorship program where, if selected, you will have to live and work exclusively in that particular state / province. The system is point based and you are awarded points based on your age, education, work experience and its relevance to that state, marital status, etc. If you have studied or worked in Australia, you have an added advantage as you get points for the same.
- Applicant should be below 45 years of age at the time of filing the application.
- The applicant should have relevant work experience for the in demand occupation selected by him / her from the Skilled Occupation List of Visa subclass 190.
- A skill assessment test is required to check the relevance of your work experience which will be conducted by a government authorised body and the result should be a success.
- As this visa depends on you being nominated by an Australian territory, state or government agency, you must have nomination from one of these.
- If you receive a nomination by a state or territory, you should submit an Expression of Interest to that state to proceed further.
- You should be able to meet basic requirement of English language based on scores of a test conducted by TOFEL, IELTS or PTE.
- If required by the state government, you should be able to produce medical fitness and character certificates from the countries that you have resided in.
VISA PROCESSING TIME-
Most applications filed under visa subclass 190 are processed within 8 months.
APPLICATION PROCESS –
- You will need to check which states / territories have your occupation in demand and then file an Expression of Interest to the state / territory.
- You will have to undergo skill assessment for your occupation and work experience to be screened and the outcome needs to be positive.
- As you receive an Invitation to apply from your chosen state / territory, you will be required to submit the necessary documents for your application to be processed further for Permanent Residency, we will take care of the filing and documentation on your behalf as your trusted visa consultants.
- Once your application for PR visa is processed, you will be informed in writing about the same by the Australian government.